May 2023 in eCommerce
Bite-size updates on what happened in eCommerce in May, to keep you ahead of the curve and inform your campaigns.
- Social media ad spend drops for the first time
- As studies continue to roll out on the impact of AI on consumer habits, a new study by Sitecore reveals deep-dives into how AI will change marketers' habits
- Amazon has started leveraging AI to streamline the delivery process
- A Retail Brew and Harris Poll survey reveals 65% of Americans would likely stop shopping at a store where they have a negative experience, and highlights how important positive customer experience is
- Amazon, Etsy and eBay set out to help small businesses with the eBay grant program, the Amazon Business Small Business Grants program and the Etsy Design Awards
Social media and search engine updates May 2023
- Google powers up its search engine with AI
- The company reinstated a commitment to user privacy protection, and will disable third-party cookies for 1% of users in Q1 2024 by migrating them to Privacy Sandbox in the first part of their plan
- Meta's new app to compete with Twitter should launch in June 2023. A chance to be among the first to leverage the new social media platform.
- The social media giant adds new lead generation tools on Facebook
- The platform introduces the 'Instagram search results' Ads Placements via the Instagram Marketing API
- Twitter is bringing back keyword targeting for ads
- Twitter blue subscribers can now upload 2-hour videos in app
- YouTube starts implementing 30-seconds unskippable ads on connected TVs
- The video-sharing platform decided to remove its Stories feature next month
- Community posts are now available to all channels
- Direct messaging for company accounts and pages is being introduced by the platform. This will allow brands to interact with their users directly and answer customer queries
- The platform now adds more verifications in job listings
- TikTok launches 'the Artist Impact Program' to allow brands and businesses to use music from artists while compensating them.
- The app launched animated video stickers for direct messages
- TikTok is also leveraging AI, testing a new AI chatbot in the app
News for You
The latest insights and cutting edge news on evolving tools, trends, and technology to help you exploit new opportunities in the future of eCommerce.
We're sorry, but we couldn't find any results that match your search criteria. Please try again with different keywords or filters.
In the ever-evolving landscape of eCommerce, where competition is fierce and consumer choices abundant, the key to sustained success lies in unlocking the power of customer retention. Discover exclusi ...
Parcel MonitorIn the ever-evolving landscape of retail and e-commerce, staying ahead of the curve is paramount for businesses looking to thrive during the peak shopping season.